Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm on a sabbatical.........

I have been so busy with school getting out and camps starting and baseball and t-ball and making plans for the summer etc. that I have totally neglected not only my blog, but everyone else's too.

I tend to be an all or nothing type person. So I'm either totally into the whole blog thing, reading my regulars and commenting, posting on mine or I'm totally avoiding the whole thing. If I can't spend a lot of time on it, I tend to put it off all together. I can't figure out how to just do it a little bit. And I feel like maybe I was spending a little too much time in blogland. I kept finding new ones I liked and bookmarking them. My daily reads list just keeps growing.

So I have been negligent about blogging. But I've been to the pool quite a bit. I've helped with my kid's t-ball teams. I've done ALL of my laundry. I enjoyed 12 hours of the school picnic. My kids and I have slept in a couple days.

I am going to cut myself some slack and tell myself that it's ok if I haven't read the latest post of my top 25 favorite blogs. When I have time I will get back to reading and commenting. In the meantime I am taking a break and enjoying summer.

8 comments:

Melly said...

Good for you!!! I'm exactly the same way about blogging, the whole all or nothing thing. Don't feel guilty and enjoy your summer. I'll check in occassionally.

Unknown said...

Yes! Don't worry... there will be rainy and lazy days to catch up. Just enjoy summer for awhile!

Preppy Lizard said...

I hear ya about not having enough time to read all the blogs I love. I too and all or nothing so I find it hard to get to everyone to see what's going on.

I say enjoy the summer and we'll learn to catch up when we can.

WSU Laura said...

No worries! Enjoy summer with your kids and catch up later.

The 5 Bickies said...

Enjoy and stop by when you can!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Enjoy every moment! Glad to see you haven't completely bailed on us!

Michelle said...

Enjoy your summer.....that's what summer is all about..kids and fun;)

Multislacking Mama said...

You are having fun, it sounds like. Can I come and be your kid? I want to swim.

Holly