Monday, April 14, 2008

I think I figured something out......

I was lying in my bed this morning, for a couple minutes before the alarm went off, pondering how much I love my bed. I REALLY love my bed. It's one of my favorite things in the world. Two Christmases ago my Mother bought my husband and me a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed for a present. And I have been loving it every day since it arrived.

So I'm lying there thinking I wish I could spend more time in bed. It's so comfortable. I started out sleeping at either 40 or 45. But about six months ago I went down to 30. The mattress justs folds up around me like a big pillow. I'm sleeping on a cloud.

My old mattress, while relatively new, was just too firm. I have a little touch of arthritis in my lower back and that mattress would have me waking up with a back ache way too often. With my new lovely sleep number bed, I feel like I'm melting into the mattress. It's soooo nice. And I rarely wake up with a back ache now.

So I am thinking about how much I love the bed and my desire to spend more time there. Then I start thinking about how I started taking Effexor because I was having trouble getting going, getting my shit done, getting motivated to keep up with life.

And then a light bulb went off. I wonder if I would need the Effexor if I was still sleeping on the hard mattress. I wonder if there is a correlation between sales of sleep number beds and prescriptions of Effexor or other anti-depressants being written..... just a thought.

By the way, I hate the Effexor. I really don't feel like it's giving me the kick I desire. And the worst part is the withdrawal symptoms. If I miss one day... man, it hits me like a ton of bricks. Ashley from Ashley's Closet described the withdrawal well.

I really need to get off of it and switch to something else. But, like I mentioned in my last post, I have an aversion to going to the doctor. So I just keep taking the crap and live in fear of forgetting a dose......

6 comments:

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Interesting correlation between the bed and the drug.

Hmmm...

Just CALL the doctor and get the nurse on the horn. You are a ridiculous human!!! But I dig you anyway!

Lamp Tramp said...

You could be so right, I've got to check into Effexor, see what it about. So how is the arm? Did you go to dr/clinic?

Caffeine Court said...

My bed is sooo uncomfortable...but we totally renovated our house a couple years ago and needed all new stuff...so we stuck with our old bed. I'll bet I'd have alot more energy if I slept comfortably.

I take a low dose of Zoloft and it works wonders.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

You have won the favorite award from King Daddy!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself.

He declared it so after reading your comment on my black eye!

Bravo!!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

What is Effexor? I've never heard of this!

Lacy Rose said...

I am currently taking paxil for the same motivation/depression you are speaking of.

Lately it has been harder and harder to get out of bed. I am ok once I get going but its REALLY hard to get up.

I need to talk to my doctor about it...either that or get a new mattress.

I like the connecton!