Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I have a swollen uvula.

Did that get your attention? I said uvula, not vulva! Get your mind out of the gutter!

I don't feel well. My tonsils are swollen. My throat is red. And my uvula is so swollen it's resting on my tongue. I have a huge amount of crap dripping down the back of my throat and settling in my chest. My neck hurts and my glands are swollen. It's lovely.

It's bothering me so much that I bought a neti pot this afternoon and rinsed out my nose. I expected that to be a little weird. But it really wasn't that bad. Of course, I couldn't see myself while I was doing it. So that could have helped. I'm big on personal hygiene though. So, this little apparatus is right up my alley. I clean out my ears with q-tips dipped in peroxide every day. So now I can clean out my nose too.

My son is still not over what he was sick with last week. His head is still filled up with crap and he's still coughing a lot. So being the loving mother that I am I made him do the neti pot too. That went better than expected actually. I thought he'd physically fight me a little more than he did. But really, what did I have these kids for if I can't mess around with them. My daughter was standing there watching everything. She looked at me with big eyes and said "You're not doing that to me, are you?" It's too hard to get the jump on them without the element of surprise so I didn't try it with her.

I have been spraying that ocean nasal saline spray stuff up all of our noses for a couple days. My kids keep walking around telling people that they have the ocean up their nose. They are surprisingly tolerant of this too. I hate it. So I don't know why they don't put up more of a fight.

I broke down and called my doctor today and got an antibiotic. Hopefully that will help soon. My husband has been out of town and this has been a super busy week with after school activities. I'm totally behind on posting and even reading my favorite blogs. I hope I haven't missed anything too big!

I'm looking forward to Friday getting here!

5 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Ha! I DID think I saw vulva at first! This is the craziest season - everyone I know has been sick off and on for weeks - including my family.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I hope you get better soon, especially your uvula! I must admit I am very impressed that you called your doctor.

Feel better!

tulipmom said...

"telling people they have the ocean up their nose" .... I love it!

I haven't tried the netipot but I swear by Simply Saline.

Hope your uvula feels better soon (I swear I'm not laughing .... really!).

Muffy Willowbrook said...

My mom has been telling me to get a Nedi Pot for MONTHS! You must give me every detail!

Feel better soon, Doll!

Lamp Tramp said...

I hope you both feel better... your post was so funny. So...your wrist/arm???? You still need to tell me! I'm your new Momma!!!