Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Real Housewives of NYC meltdown

I'm not sure if this was a new episode I just watched or not. Jill had Bethenny (weird spelling) make dinner at her condo for all five of the "housewives" featured on the show. Alex brings her husband Simon with her even though it's a "girl's night"......

Jill and Bethenny knew Simon was coming, but Ramona was not expecting him. Well, Ramona sees Simon come through the door and goes totally bitchcakes! I mean I'd be kind of pissed because I'd be thinking well, I would have brought my husband too if husbands were welcome. And it would totally change the dynamic of the party for one man to be there. But once he is there, he's there. Don't have a fit. She totally had a hissy fit and looked totally crazy! (Can I say "totally" a couple more times????)

I was so surprised by her fit that I had to discuss this. It was really entertaining but almost uncomfortable. My husband walked in just in time to catch her fit and was saying there's no way she can recover from this. I said the only thing she can do is next time the group gets together she apologizes and admits to being out of line and crazy!

Oh and Alex and Simon's house!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! It looked almost dangerous for the children to be living there. And they appeared to be in no hurry to do anything.

It's crazy! And I don't trust Luann. She seems to be able to get other women to say something bad without ever saying anything herself. My favorite is Jill. Although, I'm liking Bethenny more after tonight. She was kind of funny tonight, kind of dry.

I'm looking forward to next week. It's the season finale and the previews made it look like everybody is pissed at Ramona about something..... We'll see.

I'm down to so few tv shows I really want to watch anymore. I Tivo a whole bunch of shit that I never bother to watch. I manage to catch this one though because Bravo repeats the episodes all of the time on the weekends. It's easier to keep up that way.

Did anybody see it? What did you think?

10 comments:

k e r r y said...

Romona made a fool of herself! I like Luann but didn't like how she addressed bethany on the driver situation... who does she think she is? seriously. I heard Bethany's boyfriend jason was fired for appearing on the show. oops. Now he's suing for 55 million?!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I KNEW there was something I was supposed to be watching! UGH! I missed it. Romona is a FREAK!
I got totally sucked into this one, I liked the Orange County one, they are NICE.

Hmmm...I'll have to check out the reruns this weekend.

Can't believe I missed it!!! Crap!

WSU Laura said...

I decided to skip it last night because I knew I could catch it on one of the many repeats Bravo plays. I have not liked Ramona from the get go, I am appalled at how she behaves and dresses. I think Simon is kind of creepy. The way he and Alex go on about making "contacts" is almost desperate. But I do enjoy the show and watching how they all interact.

Preppy Lizard said...

I am addicted to these train wreck ladies!
That dinner party was the most uncomfortable thing ever to watch. Ramonna is crazy!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Everyone seems to loathe Ramona! Too funny.

I haven't seen last night's episode - I'm tivo-ing it tonight at 2:00 am. Can't wait! I wonder how many episodes they will have? Anyone know?

I think LuAnn's kids are both gorgeous.

Monica said...

I'm am weirdly fascinated by Alex and Simon; they are so, so bizzare and watching them is a total train wreck. Why do they try and pass themselves off as "high society" when they live in a dump in Brooklyn? Wouldn't they live on the upper east or the wannabe upper west side?

And those outfits...OH.MY.GOD. Lepoard and gold...they must have looked so out of place! They're just freaky, and I have this insane need to "figure them out."

Far From Perfect said...

clicked my way to your blog??? I have been totally sucked in by this show. The part with LuAnn & the driver??bothered me. This show cracks me up. Love your posts,thanks.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I haven't caught this episode yet, but can't wait for the repeats this weekend! Ramona is a total wing-nut - dont' like her at all! I like LuAnn, but like the other comment - thought the whole "driver" thing was a big much. Bethenny seems pretty down to earth and real.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

Ramona is a weird-o. She tries to be too much like a friend to her kid, too. And yes, Simon is creepy and they are weird. NOBODY normal would bring their hubby to a girls night out. ANd what hubby would WANT to come to one?

Caffeine Court said...

Ramona is so wired! But I love her husband and daughter. I don't know how she managed to snag him!