Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday

My Mother and Mother-in-law just took my daughter to a local pub for lunch after Grandparent's Day at her preschool. They were nice enough to bring a fish sandwich home to me when they dropped her off.

Daughter and I will head to mass at son's school in a little bit to get our ashes today. I'm still not settled on what I want to give up for Lent this year. Like I mentioned in my first post, I am a weak person. So this is hard for me every year.

My husband always picks something he really loves just to make it extra hard on himself. He is weird like that. He likes to test himself. He has discipline. I do not.

I usually try to give up cussing. This is actually hard for me because I have quite a potty mouth and I enjoy cussing. So that is a sacrifice for me.

My husband wants me to give up pasta. Now this would be quite a sacrifice for me too. But I think he's a little more worried about my butt and not my Christianity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they always? I'm going to give up eating in between meals. Can lunch last for eight hours?