Friday, February 29, 2008

Birthday recap

So I finally decided what I wanted for dinner last night. I chose P.F. Changs. The kids would be ok with Chinese noodles and my Mom and Mother-in-law had never been there before and I knew they would like it.

My husband and kids got me a pink iPod nano and two monogrammed travel mugs. I really love the pink and green one. I have been getting these monogrammed mugs for people for gifts lately but I did not have one. There is a lady in my neighborhood that makes them and does other cute stuff. I am always there so she knows what I like. I was impressed that my husband actually called her and collaborated with her on this.



My bff got me a darling set of pink and green make up/toiletry bags monogrammed in green. I love them. They are my favorite colors and I don't have anything that nice for my stuff.


My in-laws got me a nice check with some nice numbers on it. I love this kind of gift because I'm kind of picky so I really do like to pick out some stuff for myself. Or put the money to some use that no one else would think was worthy of birthday money, but I appreciate.

Now for my mother's gift. I have mentioned before that she has already bought me a month of Nutrisystem for my birthday. Well, I was at her house the other day and she was asking me if there is any other little thing I would like for my birthday. I jokingly said "oh, about this much cash" and held up my pointer finger and thumb about two inches apart. And she was joking back holding up her fingers asking "now, this much?"

So she shows up last night before we head out to dinner with this cute little green gift bag. She says that she wants me to open it at home. So I set it down with the other gifts and we head out to P.F. Changs.

We come home and sing Happy Birthday, blow out the candles and I start opening gifts. When I get to my Mom's gift I am totally expecting some little earrings or a bracelet, something small. I start digging through the tissue paper and I see three bundles of cash about as thick as I told her I wanted.

Oh, she thought she was pretty funny with this. She couldn't wait for me to open it and was so proud of how clever she was. I was pretty surprised and thought it was pretty funny too. She had some fun getting it together. She went up to the bank that I used to work at when I was in college. There is a lady there that worked there back when I was there. So my Mom asked her to get it together and they both were pretty excited to be in on this little gag. The lady made sure that she put some older bills in there so it would look thicker because my Mom wanted it so thick.


So I had a pretty nice birthday. Oh and my husband unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher yesterday. That was a nice present by itself.

Oh and I almost forgot my favorite dessert, ice cream cake. I always get ice cream cake for my birthday and my husband can never have a piece because he always gives up treats for lent. So it's just me and the kids eating the leftovers. Too bad for him!

My Mother-in-law also offers every year to make me whatever food dish I want. This year I had a taste for that vegetable pizza. She made me that and delivered it last night. (She is super nice and I am super lucky.) So I have been snacking on that today.

Between breakfast, dinner and cake yesterday and vegetable pizza, secret hidden girl scout cookies and leftover ice cream cake today I am totally blowing any progress I had made with starting Nutrisystem. Luckily I have a whole box full of cardboard food to get me back on track.

I think I need an intervention.

5 comments:

Caffeine Court said...

Lands End has some adorable bathing suits with that pink paisley pattern. You should check them out!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Did the cute quiz, shockingly, I was 67% def. Southern...

:)

tulipmom said...

Talk about some fabulous birthday presents! So glad to hear you enjoyed your special day. I laughed out loud reading about the wads of cash .... too funny!

PF Chang's was where my mom and I were planning to go for lunch last weekend. I haven't been there in ages.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oooh I love all that stuff - I wonder where they got those little cosmetic bags? Darling!

Yes, I got your comment about Natalie wearing my tunic and wish so bad I had seen it!! I love that tunic. I also got your comments about missing my dad - thank you for those! It helps to know others out there know what I'm going through. It's weird how it got better there for awhile, and now it's gone back to being not so good. It's up and down, up and down. I miss him more than I ever thought possible. :(

Thanks again!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Such cute toiletry bags - I love them! and I think your mom going to those great lengths to give you cold hard cash is so thoughtful!

Good luck with the Nutrisystem and girl scout cookies. My advice is to bury them in the backyard....Lord knows I can't resist a Thin Mint to save my life - so I hope you can. good luck!