Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bunco Baaabbbyyyy!

I'm having Bunco here tomorrow night. I am waiting to hear if lady #12 can make it. And I use the term "lady" very loosely.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and purchased my supplies. I bought quite a bit of beer and at the check out the older lady checking me asked if I was having a party. I said "Yes, I am having ladies over for Bunco." She seemed a little shocked that all that beer was for a group of women. She didn't know that I already had a stash of different beer in the back of my SUV that I had purchased in bulk from Costco earlier in the morning.

I'm also making a pitcher of a mixed drink involving Vodka, pomegranate juice, lime juice and ginger ale. I am going to use Citron Vodka. Never had it before but it sounds yummy.

Another gal is going to bring a dish, not sure what. But I am making "Warm Blue Cheese, Bacon & Garlic Dip" to spread on baquettes. And a "Sugar and Nut Glazed Brie" that you can also put on baquette slices. Then a new recipe I am trying is a "Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball" with cream cheese that you spread on graham crackers. I got both honey and chocolate graham crackers.

Now I just have to get my house in order. My husband has been working on all of the miscellaneous repairs around the house and still hasn't done a final clean up of all the tools, paint and crap involved with that. I can't complain though because he will totally help me get it all together for the party. He can be nice like that sometimes.

I'm off to gymnastics now. Not for me, for the five year old. Nobody wants to see this in a leotard!

10 comments:

Some Like it Southern said...

Yay for Bunco! I just came across your blog and really enjoyed this entry. I am hosting Bunco in July and just posted about how I have a whole honey to do list before then. I love all the food you are preparing, sounds so yummy- can you come help me prepare for mine? haha, I am not that great in the kitchen yet but I getting there! Thanks for sharing and let me know how everything turns out especially that mixed drink, sounds yummy!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Hey! Love BUNCO! Have a great party!

your mixed beverage sounds de-lovely!

tulipmom said...

Your menu is making my mouth water. Can you believe I've never played Bunco before?

Anonymous said...

Citron Vodka is SOOO yummy. It was my "drink" in college-Citron and Soda with a lime.

Have fun at Bunco!

workinthatpreppy said...

when your headache wears off do tell about the bunco soiree!

mrsgingergrl said...

Well, thanks a lot, you have stressed me out.... LOL. I actually did ask the ped about the girls eyes (after Jack's eye problems I am extra nervous about it). She said in babies under 6 months it's normal and not to worry about it. They actually have gotten much better. I'm glad your sons surgery went well - hope you have fun at Bunco!

kellyo75 said...

Bunco is my favorite! Can I come? I am loads of fun, I promise ;-) I want the beer and the blur cheese...yum!! I just found your blog....and I LOVE it!

Monica said...

Hope you had a great party...you're probably sleeping it off now. ;-)

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Share the recpies PLEASE!!!! They sound divine. I must admit, I am a total snob. Don't get the allure of Bunco...

Caffeine Court said...

That drink with pomegranate juice sounds delish!

The great thing about having lots of people over is that it totally motivates me to get the house in tip top shape!