Thursday, March 20, 2008

Seriously..........

Alright, in one of my recent posts I said that I was considering taking my children to see a movie called "Mr Horton saw my Hoo Haa"....... and nothing.

Nobody said a damn thing about it. Come on people. The name of the movie is "Horton Hears a Who." Don't you think it would be inappropriate for me to take my kids to see "Mr Horton saw my Hoo Haa"?????? A movie with that title would probably be rated at least an R, right?

So I take a look at my "Google Analytics"....... and nothing. 76% of my visits have lasted 0 - 10 seconds. Well, there you go. That explains it. Nobody is actually reading my blog. They are clicking on it, probably by accident, and then quickly clicking back to a blog that they truly enjoy.

I learned how to check out Google Analytics from Caffeine Court. She had posted about the crazy "keywords" put in to Google that led to her blog. Well, my crazy keywords involved either the words "bunco recipes" or "preppy". Not so crazy, huh?

I'll keep plugging along for those 52% of my visitors that are "returning". Maybe I'll start to throw in wild inappropriate words occasionally just to drum up some traffic. It'll kind of be like have blogger Tourette's.

Here, I'll try it now........ fuck, shit, damn, hell.

I think I'm going to have to work on my blogger Tourette's. That wasn't very creative. Any idiot can cuss. No wonder nobody's reading my blog!

7 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Ha Ha,

I must have read right over Horton Hears a Hoo Haa!!

I read your blog on bloglines and am bad about reading and not leaving a comment!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I read your blog!!

I think the 0-10 seconds thing is kinda weird. Alot of my visitors do the same thing! I don't really know what that means either....

You should see what kind of search words lead people to my blog....with a name like "My Friends Are Sluts", and giving myself Muffy as a first name....Obvioulsly get some sick tickets looking for a good time!
Ha ha!

keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I definitely read it and thought it was funny. In fact, when I saw an ad for the movie last night, I immeadiately thought of your blog. I was a first time reader yesterday but will probably check back now and again ;)

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I read it and thought, "Ew gross, so gross." Then I thought, "I don't know if I can be her friend (virtual or not) anymore."

LOL

Anonymous said...

You know I'm just your blog stalker....
I think that sounds more dangerous than "lurker."

Caffeine Court said...

Posting those curse words was a great start. In a few days you should have some really entertaining and disturbing keywords on Google Analytics!

I've been calling the movie "Horton goes to Hooters" no one laughs. (Except me!)

Preppy Lizard said...

That made me Laugh Out Loud...blogging tourettes! You are too funny!