Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Volunteer Day

I'm off today to do my part at my son's school. I am doing cafeteria duty from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Then I have library duty from 1:20 p.m. to 2:05 p.m. Then back to pick him up at 3:00 p.m.

I am dreading the cafeteria part because my hands are all dry and cracked up. You see, I am super obsessive about washing my hands a million times a day. During the winter at least two finger tips are always cracked. Right now it's my index finger and my middle finger on my right hand. That's only, you know the hand I use all day.

Now cafeteria duty will be painful because after each lunch shift the Mom volunteers are responsible for wiping down each lunch table with this really hot bleach water. I'm thinking that's going to hurt like a mo fo today.

I'm going to dig out some washing/cleaning gloves from under my kitchen sink and wear those. Hopefully I won't embarrass my son!

3 comments:

Monica said...

My hands are the same way...it doesn't seem there's any way to fix it other than waiting for spring/summer to come.

Lamp Tramp said...

If you kids are still in elemantary school, they might secretly be happy you are there volunteering. Not so for JR high school, which is when all kids dislike their parents the most. That hatred tapers off in high school, My kids loved me when they were in high school cuz I was Hip, Cool, etc. HA HA! I just appeared that way. I was young looking on the outside but still the mean, where are you going...who are you with.. MOM in the inside. I cared about them and tried to stay in the know. Not all ways easy with teenagers. But my 2 have turned out great, yours will too. Just continue to be the great MOM that you are!

tulipmom said...

My hands look pretty awful too. I've been super obssessive about washing and Purelling this winter given all the crap going around and my allergies to antibiotics (except, of course, the ones that aren't safe to take during pregnancy).