Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We are in between families right now. This morning we went to the country club my Mother belongs to for Easter brunch. That was fun. They have the Easter bunny there with goody bags. They also have face painters. So they both have artwork on their faces and hands.

My kids also hit the chocolate fountain rather hard and got dark chocolate all over his sweater vest and her dress and cardigan. So I have those items in the washing machine right now. I am attempting to rid them of chocolate and have them washed and dried before we go to my Mother-in-law's house for dinner. I have two hours..... We'll see what happens. If we run late I'll have to listen to my husband bitch. He gets really bitchy when we're doing that last minute scramble to get someplace and I usually take the brunt of it. He just can't stand to be late and disorganized. It's one of those compromises in a relationship that you learn to take. Because believe me I do my fair share of bitching at other times.

It's also freezing here today. I wasn't smart enough to get back up flats to go with my Easter outfit. So I am wearing gold Jack Rogers sandals. Totally inappropriate for the weather. But my ensemble looks cute! We actually had snow flurries this morning. Now that is just wrong on Easter Sunday! They canceled the Easter egg hunt at the country club because there were flurries and it was so cold. Now on Friday, it was beautiful and 70 degrees. Not so today. That is the beauty and horror of where we live. The weather can change three different ways in one week.

The fire alarm went off a couple of times while we were there too. Years ago when I was much younger, the place did have a terrible fire and they had to have a major renovation. So all the old timers had that to discuss when the fire alarm was going off today. Good thing today was a false alarm because nobody seemed to move an inch when it did go off. It totally didn't bother anyone but my son. He is a big rule follower and if an alarm is going off we are supposed to evacuate the premises. So we had to convince him that everything was going to be ok.

Well, I better go check on my laundry. Wish me luck on getting the clothes clean and dry before it's time to go! Maybe I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

tulipmom said...

Hope they dried in time. Happy Easter!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Were you able to shine up the kids before dinner?

Preppy Lizard said...

Wasn't the weather horrible yesterday! I mean 70 on Friday then off and on flurries on Sunday....something just isn't right!

Sounds like you had a busy yet wonderful Easter.

Lamp Tramp said...

Sorry Sunday was so cold there. Mother Nature sure does tease. Sounds like a fun day though, hope you got the chocolate clothes dried in time. Happy Easter

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Sorry about the Chocolate fountain fiasco! Sounds like something that would happen in our household!!