Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fun, fun, fun morning.....

I needed my oil changed. So I dropped my daughter off at preschool this morning and headed over to the car dealership for a quick oil change. Last time I did this I was the only one waiting for my car and I was in and out of there in 30 to 40 minutes and my total was about $40.

Well, when I got there I remembered it might be time for the tires to be rotated. So I asked the guy to check their records and if I'm due, go ahead and rotate them. About an hour later the guy comes in the waiting room and calls my name and I'm thinking it's time for me to go. So I practically skip over to him. He tells me that since we are nearing 30,000 miles we should probably do a transmission flush and replace the fuel filter.

He tells me how much that will cost and how much longer it will take. My husband and I know nothing about cars so usually we just say "ok" like a couple of dumb asses. I've already invested one hour in this deal so I might as well stay, right? Yeah.

So a little over two hours and $320 later I finally got to leave. The worst part was my daughter was not very cooperative heading out the door this morning. So in my rush, I forgot to bring my own reading material. I was forced to use the waiting room magazines and tv to entertain myself.

3 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

Sounds familiar, been there, done that! Tell your husband just because my closets look good, doesn't mean he would be happy!!! Messy closets and happy family relationships do not neccesarily coexist! I learned that thru 30 years of messy closets!! My husband still loves me and now he can not figure out where or how to find stuff since it is neat and organized!!! xoxo

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Um, I'll change your oil for $320 bucks.

Caffeine Court said...

But don't you feel such a sense of accomplishment!!! ;)