Thursday, March 13, 2008

Other Bunco recipes

I remembered that I never posted the other set of recipes from my Bunco night. They are for the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball and the vodka pomegranate cocktail. Like I said before I never even wound up tasting the cocktail. So I can't promise that it is good. Although it sounds very good.

Now the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball, I can personally verify, ROCKS! It was so yummy. I wish I had a big vat of it right now. I will definitely be making this again for another function.

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.


I doubled the recipe because I double everything. I am a piggy by nature and don't think like a regular person. I'm always afraid there won't be enough and I'd rather have too much than not enough.

Also, I did not roll the cheese ball in pecans. I used chocolate chips. I got Chocolate and Honey flavored Honey Maid Graham Crackers to spread it on. The kind that come in one piece and can be broken into four pieces. I think it tasted better on the chocolate ones. And like I said previously, I made it the night before and it tasted better on day two than it did on day one.

Holiday Bliss Cocktail (By the Pitcher)

Ingredients

2 cups vodka
1 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup thawed frozen lime juice concentrate
3 cups ginger ale

Directions

1. Mix all in a pitcher
2. Serve over ice.


Oh yeah, I doubled that too. It's a sickness. I have a little gluttony problem. It's true. They say the first step is admitting it. I'm stuck there. I've never made it to the second step. I don't even know what the second step is. Does anybody out there know? Help!

5 comments:

Kricket said...

That cheese ball sounds soooo good!!!

Preppy Lizard said...

Seriously....can I come to your next party? The food and drink that you serve is right up my ally!
YUM YUM YUM

Southern Fried Mom said...

As if I didn't love you already...

I can testify to the yum-a-liciousness of the cheeseball, as I've made it myself on numerous occasions (maybe even bunco).

I would probably triple the cocktail myself. I am writing it down for my girls' beach trip. (I always like to debut a new booze recipe on beach trip!)

P.S. I googled the president dolls, and found a website. I am so all over those! Is it wrong that I want to wait for his birthday because I don't want The Bunny to get credit for such a cool gift?

Lamp Tramp said...

STOP! I'm trying to diet! I do the same thing, cook way more than I need.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Have to admit I am thinking of the chocolate chip cheese ball. But what do you serve it with????