Monday, March 24, 2008

Mission Failure


I did not succeed in my mission yesterday. I really thought I could make it. I thought the chocolate splattered clothes really just needed a cold wash. I did a quick pre-wash in cold. Then I did some stain treatment and ran a regular cycle in cold.

We had a couple hour break in between Easter stops. My kids each retreated to their rooms and were playing quietly and my husband decided to take a little snooze on the living room couch before we had to go to his Mom's. Since everyone was occupied and I was in the basement doing laundry. I decided to see what I had on Tivo. We have a play room/family room in our basement. Since that is where our largest TV is, that is where our Tivo is. I kind of regret that location because I'm not down there all of the time. Anyway, while the washer was running I caught an episode of Brothers & Sisters.

The washer stopped and unfortunately there were still chocolate stains on the clothes. I took a look at the clock and thought "Wow. I still have a whole hour before my husband wants to leave. I can do another quick wash." So I did some more stain treatments and put the clothes back in the washer.

Well I really f'd that up. You see, I neglected to ever change all the clocks in our basement after Daylight Savings Time told me to "Spring Forward." So I was an hour off. Five minutes after I started my second wash my husband yells down the basement steps that we should start getting the kids together to go. I was totally confused. I was like, "Why now? We still have an hour!"

Needless to say we had to make some wardrobe adjustments. My son went to Grandma's without his sweater vest. And my daughter wound up wearing a dress that my Mom had given her for her birthday, a pink and white seersucker with her monogram on it. I had the whole family color coordinated in green and messed it up.

I was wearing a green sweater and white pants. My husband had on light tan linen pants, a white shirt and a green sweater vest. And the kids had their matching green and white striped clothes. At least we matched for brunch. Oh well. Such is life.

You can see the chocolate on them in the shot above. And here are two before the chocolate.....


5 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Funny story!

Thanks for your comment about my dad. It's good knowing others are out there(like you) who know how it feels. I do those little scenarios where he's still alive in my head too. I'm just so glad he lived to see my last child whom he adored - till she was 1 1/2. What makes me sad is she'll never remember him. Sometimes I just want to go to my room and cry for a week. : (

Anonymous said...

Sounds so like something I would do! I'm sure that little seersucker dress just just as cute, though!

Your kids are adorable!!! ;-)

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

THAT IS CLASSIC!! So funny!!!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Still adorable!

Southern Fried Mom said...

Precious kids!!!! And isn't everything better covered in chocolate anyway? I'm sure they were equally adorable for the second stop.

I got your e-mail, and oh yeah, I am totally going to be ordering up some presidental action figures!

He's already asked to have his birthday party at City Hall (an idea we toyed with last year also), so I'm thinking of just going with the whole USA, red, white & blue, presidential/politician theme. Ideas?