Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Perplexing Questions???

A couple minutes ago my five year old daughter and I had this conversation....

Daughter: How do babies get in your tummy?

Me: Ummmmmm, God puts them in there...?...

Daughter: How? Like this? (She makes a motion with both her hands from up high, like from the sky, and moves them down together towards her tummy.)

Me: Wellllll, He just blesses you and the baby gets in there.

Daughter: When? Does it happen at night?

Me: Yeeaahh, weelll, not always.......

That's what I get for letting them stay up late on the first night of Spring Break.

5 comments:

tulipmom said...

It's gonna be a long break, isn't it? :)

k e r r y said...

So cute - and yet those questions scare me! My daughter is 8 and I hear her say things ... like when you are married and you and your husband decide you want a baby then God will get one for you and if you decide you never want a baby then that's OK too.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

HAHA!! Only at night, my ass! That's cute!

Caffeine Court said...

You're good! That is so sweet and innocent.

I try to "kind of" answer how babies are made without giving full details...i.e. "the mommy has an egg and the daddy has a tadpole...blah blah..."

Dumb move - I have opened a HUGE can of worms and now my girls want MORE DETAILS!

The 5 Bickies said...

Oh - the "talk" starts in 4th grade next week. Not sure who is dreading it more, me or my son!

I like the "only at night" part.